Upper Midwest Gay Lesbian Athletic Association (GLASS)
Return to Play Guidelines
The Upper Midwest Gay Lesbian Athletic Association (GLASS) is committed to providing a safe and healthy recreational play environment for all our participants. To ensure we have a safe and healthy environment as we return from hiatus, GLASS has developed a Preparedness Plan in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. While the full plan will be available on the GLASS website, the remainder of this document highlights our specific return-to-play guidelines.
Our goal is to mitigate the potential for transmission of COVID-19 in our recreational environments and our community. The remainder of this document highlights our return-to-play guidelines; our full COVID-19 Preparedness Plan is available here.
Participating In A GLASS Event Means The Following :
BEFORE AN EVENT
- You are highly encouraged to get tested for coronavirus prior to participating in GLASS activities
- Self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19. Participants are not allowed to play or be at recreational venues if they are experiencing symptoms, sick or recently tested positive for coronavirus
DURING AN EVENT
- Any person displaying COVID-19 symptoms will be asked to leave the recreational venue.
DO NOT BRING YOUR VOLLEYBALL, NET, OR ANY OTHER COMMUNAL EQUIPMENT TO GLASS EVENTS (EVEN TO WARM UP!)
ON THE SIDELINES
- No extended congregating before or after play
- Maintain social/physical distancing of at least six feet from other participants at all possible times
- For outdoor play, bring a folding chair or other viable option to allow for six+ feet distance at all times
- When physical distancing isn’t possible, follow consistent safe hygiene practice
- Wear a mask/face covering at all times when not participating on the field of play
- Sanitize your hands between every game and after touching other surfaces
- Do not share personal items
- No spectators or non-participants will be allowed until industry guidance advises that it is safe. If you need to have a non-participant on site, they must adhere to the guidelines outlined in this document
WHILE PLAYING (Indoor Specifications)
GLASS will resume offering indoor open gym play opportunities in November 2020. In order to create as safe playing environment as possible, all open gym participants must adhere to the following guidelines for the foreseeable future:
- Wear a mask/face covering at all times indoors (except for brief drink or food breaks). If you need to take off your mask for more than a brief moment, go outdoors to do so. (Open gym leaders will have disposable masks available if you need one.)
- Stay at your assigned courts for warmups, play, and breaks (except when going to restroom, outside, etc.) Teams/courts will be assigned before open gyms starts and posted outside the gym.
- DO NOT USE water fountains on premises. Bring enough water to last the whole evening.
- No handshakes or contact celebrations (e.g. high-fives, fist bumps, hugs, etc.)
GLASS will regularly update its community on any changes to play guidelines. For the most up to date information, please check the GLASS website, follow GLASS Volleyball on Facebook, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to its listserv.
IF YOU TEST POSITIVE FOR CORONAVIRUS WITHIN DAYS OF PARTICIPATING IN A GLASS EVENT:
- Inform GLASS either via email (email@example.com) or by contacting an open gym leader or a member of the board directly as soon as possible
- Any sick participants will not be allowed to play in GLASS events until a week after the end of their isolation period and without experiencing symptoms (lingering loss of taste and smell is OK).
Participant safety is of utmost importance. GLASS volleyball will follow Minnesota Department of Health’s guidance for notifications/closures in the event of a participant testing positive for coronavirus.
Unfortunately, no amount of precaution and extra effort can guarantee a completely sterile environment, so all participants agree to participate at their own risk.